It’s day 21 of the poem-a-day challenge! Today I was given the word “Frumpy,” which is a word that, as it so happens, describes me perfectly these days. Indeed, I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning, so feeling it a little EXTRA today. I thought maybe some of you could relate. Thanks again for reading and for your continued support. 🙂
Past Interviews and Appearances:
- Cover reveal for BRAINSTORM!on author Vivian Kirkfield’s blog.
- BRAINSTORM! and KidLit Caravan featured on Tara Lazar’s blog, Writing for Kids (While Raising Them).
- Watch me read my poem, “Our Walk To School,” from the award-winning children’s poetry anthology: Hop To It: Poems To Get You Moving (Pomelo Books, 2020) on Michelle Schaub’s blog, Poetry Boost: Using Poetry to Boost Literacy.
- Watch the mini-movie of my poem, “Our Walk To School,” on Sylvia Vardell’s blog, Poetry for Children.
Awards & Accolades
- Winner of the 2021 SCBWI Magazine Merit Award for my poem, “Lemons!”
- “Elite 8” Finalist (out of 64 children’s poets!) in the Madness!Poetry Tournament, 2021
- Honorable Mention in Vivian Kirkfield’s #50PreciousWords contest, 2021
- Second Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2020
- First Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2019
- #PBChat Mentee, chosen by Lori Degman, 2019
- #PBParty Finalist, 2019