Hello everyone! Welcome to day 22 of the poem-a-day challenge! Whoa man, today’s word, “malfunction,” seriously gave me trouble (with a capital “T”! and that rhymes with “P” and that stands for… I could not think of ANYTHING to write about this dang word!!) Anyway, this was the best I could come up with. You win some, you lose some, right?!
SUNDAY & MONDAY, DEC. 4-5, 2022
New Jersey Association for School Librarians Conference
Hard Rock Hotel
Atlantic City, NJ
Past Interviews & Appearances:
- WHATEVER COMES TOMORROW Cover Reveal on author Vivian Kirkfield’s blog.
- BRAINSTORM! on Sara Kruger’s “First Lines” blog. I discuss how I came up with the first line of the book. (Nov. 2022)
- Author’s Day at Chester Public Library (Nov. 5, 2022)
- Summit Free Public Library BRAINSTORM! event (Oct. 22, 2022)
- West Jersey Reading Council Fall Conference (Oct. 19, 2022)
- Maplewood/South Orange Book Festival, Maplewood, NJ (10/2/22)
- Rye Children’s Book Festival, Rye, NY (10/1/22)
- Story time & Signing at Indigo Books, Short Hills (9/24/22)
- Interview with Rochelle Melander on Tales for The Mighty Writer
- Interview with fellow KidLit Caravan authors on Cynsations
- Interview on Andrew Hackett’s The Backstory
- Review from Dianne White on ReaderKidz.com
- Interview on Picture Book Spotlight
- Interview on Writer’s Rumpus
- Interview on Susanna Hill’s Tuesday Debut
- Interview with Jena Benton on her “Simply 7” blog
- Interview with fellow KidLit Caravan authors on The Picture Book Buzz with Maria C. Marshall
- Interview with illustrator Debbie Ridpath Ohi, along with BRAINSTORM!’s illustrator Kate Kronreif
- Interview on the KidLit Creatives blog
- Interview on the Picturebooking Podcast with Nick Patton
- BRAINSTORM! on Picture Book Builders with Jill Esbaum
- BRAINSTORM! on Writing & Illustrating with Kathy Temean
- BRAINSTORM! on #FirstDraftFriday, Hollie Wolverton’s Blog
- Cover reveal for BRAINSTORM! on author Vivian Kirkfield’s blog.
- BRAINSTORM! and KidLit Caravan featured on Tara Lazar’s blog, Writing for Kids (While Raising Them).
- Watch me read my poem, “Our Walk To School,” from the award-winning children’s poetry anthology: Hop To It: Poems To Get You Moving (Pomelo Books, 2020) on Michelle Schaub’s blog, Poetry Boost: Using Poetry to Boost Literacy.
- Watch the mini-movie of my poem, “Our Walk To School,” on Sylvia Vardell’s blog, Poetry for Children.
Awards & Accolades
- Chosen as one of 20 picture book authors (out of 120!) to attend the PJ Library Picture Book Summer Camp for Emerging Jewish Authors at the Highlights Foundation
- Winner of the 2021 SCBWI Magazine Merit Award for my poem, “Lemons!”
- “Elite 8” Finalist (out of 64 children’s poets!) in the Madness!Poetry Tournament, 2021
- Honorable Mention in Vivian Kirkfield’s #50PreciousWords contest, 2021
- Second Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2020
- First Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2019
- #PBChat Mentee, chosen by Lori Degman, 2019
- #PBParty Finalist, 2019