Heading into the home stretch of the poem-a-day challenge… Today’s word is “Erase” but I took some creative liberty and changed it to “Erased” because, well, it worked better and I’m allowed. 🙂 I was feeling a little “glass-half-full”-ish today, so I thought I’d share my positive outlook. Better to relish in it today, as you never know what emotions tomorrow will bring. Hope you enjoy.
Past Interviews and Appearances:
- Cover reveal for BRAINSTORM!on author Vivian Kirkfield’s blog.
- BRAINSTORM! and KidLit Caravan featured on Tara Lazar’s blog, Writing for Kids (While Raising Them).
- Watch me read my poem, “Our Walk To School,” from the award-winning children’s poetry anthology: Hop To It: Poems To Get You Moving (Pomelo Books, 2020) on Michelle Schaub’s blog, Poetry Boost: Using Poetry to Boost Literacy.
- Watch the mini-movie of my poem, “Our Walk To School,” on Sylvia Vardell’s blog, Poetry for Children.
Awards & Accolades
- Winner of the 2021 SCBWI Magazine Merit Award for my poem, “Lemons!”
- “Elite 8” Finalist (out of 64 children’s poets!) in the Madness!Poetry Tournament, 2021
- Honorable Mention in Vivian Kirkfield’s #50PreciousWords contest, 2021
- Second Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2020
- First Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2019
- #PBChat Mentee, chosen by Lori Degman, 2019
- #PBParty Finalist, 2019