Hello everyone! It’s the second-to-last day of the poem-a-day challenge!!! I can’t believe I’ve almost made it to the end! Today’s word is “Slimy,” which got me thinking about car salesmen, which got me thinking about cars, which got me thinking about my minivan and how minivans often get a bad rap and then I wondered how the minivan might feel about someone who is less than happy about having one. (I happen to LOVE my minivan –and I’m not afraid to say it!) Anyway, all of that brain goop turned into this poem. Hope you enjoy it!
SUNDAY & MONDAY, DEC. 4-5, 2022
New Jersey Association for School Librarians Conference
Hard Rock Hotel
Atlantic City, NJ
Past Interviews & Appearances:
- WHATEVER COMES TOMORROW Cover Reveal on author Vivian Kirkfield’s blog.
- BRAINSTORM! on Sara Kruger’s “First Lines” blog. I discuss how I came up with the first line of the book. (Nov. 2022)
- Author’s Day at Chester Public Library (Nov. 5, 2022)
- Summit Free Public Library BRAINSTORM! event (Oct. 22, 2022)
- West Jersey Reading Council Fall Conference (Oct. 19, 2022)
- Maplewood/South Orange Book Festival, Maplewood, NJ (10/2/22)
- Rye Children’s Book Festival, Rye, NY (10/1/22)
- Story time & Signing at Indigo Books, Short Hills (9/24/22)
- Interview with Rochelle Melander on Tales for The Mighty Writer
- Interview with fellow KidLit Caravan authors on Cynsations
- Interview on Andrew Hackett’s The Backstory
- Review from Dianne White on ReaderKidz.com
- Interview on Picture Book Spotlight
- Interview on Writer’s Rumpus
- Interview on Susanna Hill’s Tuesday Debut
- Interview with Jena Benton on her “Simply 7” blog
- Interview with fellow KidLit Caravan authors on The Picture Book Buzz with Maria C. Marshall
- Interview with illustrator Debbie Ridpath Ohi, along with BRAINSTORM!’s illustrator Kate Kronreif
- Interview on the KidLit Creatives blog
- Interview on the Picturebooking Podcast with Nick Patton
- BRAINSTORM! on Picture Book Builders with Jill Esbaum
- BRAINSTORM! on Writing & Illustrating with Kathy Temean
- BRAINSTORM! on #FirstDraftFriday, Hollie Wolverton’s Blog
- Cover reveal for BRAINSTORM! on author Vivian Kirkfield’s blog.
- BRAINSTORM! and KidLit Caravan featured on Tara Lazar’s blog, Writing for Kids (While Raising Them).
- Watch me read my poem, “Our Walk To School,” from the award-winning children’s poetry anthology: Hop To It: Poems To Get You Moving (Pomelo Books, 2020) on Michelle Schaub’s blog, Poetry Boost: Using Poetry to Boost Literacy.
- Watch the mini-movie of my poem, “Our Walk To School,” on Sylvia Vardell’s blog, Poetry for Children.
Awards & Accolades
- Chosen as one of 20 picture book authors (out of 120!) to attend the PJ Library Picture Book Summer Camp for Emerging Jewish Authors at the Highlights Foundation
- Winner of the 2021 SCBWI Magazine Merit Award for my poem, “Lemons!”
- “Elite 8” Finalist (out of 64 children’s poets!) in the Madness!Poetry Tournament, 2021
- Honorable Mention in Vivian Kirkfield’s #50PreciousWords contest, 2021
- Second Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2020
- First Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2019
- #PBChat Mentee, chosen by Lori Degman, 2019
- #PBParty Finalist, 2019