Hello everyone! It’s the second-to-last day of the poem-a-day challenge!!! I can’t believe I’ve almost made it to the end! Today’s word is “Slimy,” which got me thinking about car salesmen, which got me thinking about cars, which got me thinking about my minivan and how minivans often get a bad rap and then I wondered how the minivan might feel about someone who is less than happy about having one. (I happen to LOVE my minivan –and I’m not afraid to say it!) Anyway, all of that brain goop turned into this poem. Hope you enjoy it!
Past Interviews and Appearances:
- Cover reveal for BRAINSTORM! on author Vivian Kirkfield’s blog.
- BRAINSTORM! and KidLit Caravan featured on Tara Lazar’s blog, Writing for Kids (While Raising Them).
- Watch me read my poem, “Our Walk To School,” from the award-winning children’s poetry anthology: Hop To It: Poems To Get You Moving (Pomelo Books, 2020) on Michelle Schaub’s blog, Poetry Boost: Using Poetry to Boost Literacy.
- Watch the mini-movie of my poem, “Our Walk To School,” on Sylvia Vardell’s blog, Poetry for Children.
Awards & Accolades
- Winner of the 2021 SCBWI Magazine Merit Award for my poem, “Lemons!”
- “Elite 8” Finalist (out of 64 children’s poets!) in the Madness!Poetry Tournament, 2021
- Honorable Mention in Vivian Kirkfield’s #50PreciousWords contest, 2021
- Second Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2020
- First Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2019
- #PBChat Mentee, chosen by Lori Degman, 2019
- #PBParty Finalist, 2019