O.k., so its Day 4 of the National Poetry Month poem-a-day challenge! The word given to me was “Hope.” By now, if you’ve been following along, you’ll have noticed that all my poems so far have been about the coronavirus pandemic. As such, you may think that the topic is the ONLY thing on my mind. And, well, you would be right. Sadly, our world situation right now is filling every crevice of my little brain. Writing these poems — and attempting to find some bright spots and humor amidst it all — is my way of processing. Call it cheap therapy. I do.
SUNDAY & MONDAY, DEC. 4-5, 2022
New Jersey Association for School Librarians Conference
Hard Rock Hotel
Atlantic City, NJ
Past Interviews & Appearances:
- WHATEVER COMES TOMORROW Cover Reveal on author Vivian Kirkfield’s blog.
- BRAINSTORM! on Sara Kruger’s “First Lines” blog. I discuss how I came up with the first line of the book. (Nov. 2022)
- Author’s Day at Chester Public Library (Nov. 5, 2022)
- Summit Free Public Library BRAINSTORM! event (Oct. 22, 2022)
- West Jersey Reading Council Fall Conference (Oct. 19, 2022)
- Maplewood/South Orange Book Festival, Maplewood, NJ (10/2/22)
- Rye Children’s Book Festival, Rye, NY (10/1/22)
- Story time & Signing at Indigo Books, Short Hills (9/24/22)
- Interview with Rochelle Melander on Tales for The Mighty Writer
- Interview with fellow KidLit Caravan authors on Cynsations
- Interview on Andrew Hackett’s The Backstory
- Review from Dianne White on ReaderKidz.com
- Interview on Picture Book Spotlight
- Interview on Writer’s Rumpus
- Interview on Susanna Hill’s Tuesday Debut
- Interview with Jena Benton on her “Simply 7” blog
- Interview with fellow KidLit Caravan authors on The Picture Book Buzz with Maria C. Marshall
- Interview with illustrator Debbie Ridpath Ohi, along with BRAINSTORM!’s illustrator Kate Kronreif
- Interview on the KidLit Creatives blog
- Interview on the Picturebooking Podcast with Nick Patton
- BRAINSTORM! on Picture Book Builders with Jill Esbaum
- BRAINSTORM! on Writing & Illustrating with Kathy Temean
- BRAINSTORM! on #FirstDraftFriday, Hollie Wolverton’s Blog
- Cover reveal for BRAINSTORM! on author Vivian Kirkfield’s blog.
- BRAINSTORM! and KidLit Caravan featured on Tara Lazar’s blog, Writing for Kids (While Raising Them).
- Watch me read my poem, “Our Walk To School,” from the award-winning children’s poetry anthology: Hop To It: Poems To Get You Moving (Pomelo Books, 2020) on Michelle Schaub’s blog, Poetry Boost: Using Poetry to Boost Literacy.
- Watch the mini-movie of my poem, “Our Walk To School,” on Sylvia Vardell’s blog, Poetry for Children.
Awards & Accolades
- Chosen as one of 20 picture book authors (out of 120!) to attend the PJ Library Picture Book Summer Camp for Emerging Jewish Authors at the Highlights Foundation
- Winner of the 2021 SCBWI Magazine Merit Award for my poem, “Lemons!”
- “Elite 8” Finalist (out of 64 children’s poets!) in the Madness!Poetry Tournament, 2021
- Honorable Mention in Vivian Kirkfield’s #50PreciousWords contest, 2021
- Second Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2020
- First Place, Susanna Hill’s Holiday Contest for Children’s Writers, 2019
- #PBChat Mentee, chosen by Lori Degman, 2019
- #PBParty Finalist, 2019